Type of Work
Our clients are major healthcare providers and payors primarily located in California. Our client contacts are typically the CEO, CFO or CIO of these organizations.
We provide a wide array of services to our clients, so our team’s versatility and flexibility is key, as is their interest in a diversity of assignments.
Here is a sample of the kind of work you would be doing for our clients:
- Lead critical revenue cycle implementation projects involving multidisciplinary teams (clinical, business and IT) – ensure that the project is on time, on budget, and delivered with the highest quality
- Complete revenue cycle assessments by reviewing current operations, conducting key interviews and reviewing the age trial balance to identify high value opportunities for improvement
- Lead revenue cycle turn around projects that improve cash collections and decrease accounts receivable days
- Assist clients in navigating reimbursement changes brought about by healthcare reform.
- Develop detailed key performance indicators with client executives to provide transparency and business intelligence to better manage the revenue cycle functions
- Develop systems strategies, perform cross-functional requirements gathering and complete system selection projects
- Provide interim management services, for example, Director Patient Business Services or Patient Access
- Always partner with our client at all levels, transferring our knowledge and teaching them what they need to know to carry forward the results of our work
- Always manage issues and risks, and identify more ways we can collaborate and add value to our client
What We Look For In You
We recognize that highly talented people come in a variety of “packages.” You should know we have very talented, but quite a unique group of consultants. That being said, we have found the people with the following skills and experiences tend to do well at Freed:
- A high degree of self-motivation, integrity, versatility and flexibility
- Progressive experience directly managing revenue cycle related IT and operational projects in a healthcare setting
- Ability to lead and work in project teams to deliver high quality services with excellent client satisfaction using PMI based methodology
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Experience and comfort working at all levels of an organization. Ability to probe, analyze, synthesize and articulate complex subject matter so it can be easily understood
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively at both the macro and detailed level
- Willingness to perform many levels of project work, sometimes simultaneously, to ensure project success and a valuable outcome to the client
- A track record of increasing responsibility and a proven ability to positively impact operational and fiscal processes
- An in-depth subject matter expertise and dedication to remaining current with industry changes and advances
- Capable of thinking strategically in order to manage risk and deliver operational excellence
- Significant experience with commonly used financial systems and transaction processing systems such as EPIC, McKesson, Cerner, Meditech, GE and Siemens is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple people, tasks and time deftly
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree, PMP and Six Sigma Certifications are a plus
- Write a detailed cover letter explaining why you think you would be a good fit for our firm and what specific experiences and accomplishments prove you are the right person for the job.
- Email the letter and your resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Freed Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested in reading more? View all openings.