Are you employing a systematic, focused approach to ensure that your operational processes are supporting your organizational business strategies and systems? We can help you define processes and re-engineer workflows in areas targeted for operational improvement and cost reduction. It is critical that any approach focuses on communication and includes end users in the design, analysis, and training to improve outcomes and acceptance of changes.
Is your organization working to find ways to be more efficient, reduce waste, and improve financial and operational performance? The first step is to understand and define the problem or business objectives in order to develop a solution that fits your organization’s needs.
- Problem definition and needs clarification – Freed utilizes its proven methodology to clearly understand the problem and goals to be achieved. Establish key business and performance requirements, and recognize the needs of the organization as well as end-users and customers
- Conduct current state assessment – Employ methodologies to analyze and review current processes, root causes of barriers and issues, and value and non-value added activities that drive performance
- Redesign workflows and processes – Analyze gaps and design future state processes that eliminate multiple handoffs, time delays and over-reliance on internal and external stakeholders. Develop implementation and training that takes into account the needs of the process owners
How do you know if a newly implemented process is helping your organization reach its cost or efficiency targets? Putting a new or newly redesigned process in place requires a disciplined approach that tests and adjusts until your business objectives are achieved. At the same time, the change and impact on your workforce must be managed to ensure adoption and sustainability.
- Measurement and Performance – Determine if appropriate process measures are in place. Measure and collect data, and report out results
- Change Management, Communication and Training – Support your workforce to ensure adoption of process changes and enable sustained improvements. Ensure proposed solutions fit company values and culture, thereby promoting rapid implementation and adoption
- Process Implementation – Utilize proven strategies and tools to remove waste and streamline processes. Test and adjust until objectives are achieved. Deliver results that ensure reduced cycle times, increased utilization of appropriate resources and lower costs
Did the process redesign achieve what you set out to do? A successful business process optimization project should be assessed against the original improvement goals once implemented. Tools, policies and procedures, and training must be in place to support the ongoing process.
- Policies and Procedures Development – Ensure existing policies and procedures are upgraded and function as drivers for redesign projects
- Process Tools and Documentation – Develop tools and documentation needed to support process owners and staff. Unpack existing workflows and develop a suite of desk level procedures enabling successful training, adoption and execution of new processes
- Performance Measurement – Ensure the right performance measures are in place. Develop dashboards and other metrics tracking to enable appropriate reporting and communication to leaders
To learn more about our Business Process Optimization service, please contact us.