Are you employing a systematic, focused approach to ensure that your operational processes are supporting your organizational business strategies and systems? We can help you define processes and re-engineer workflows in areas targeted for clinical or operational improvement and cost reduction. We have a long history of managing business process analysis and design for a variety of organizations, including: medical centers (from community hospitals to large IDNs), physician practices, and health plans. It is critical that any approach focuses on communication and including end users in the design, analysis, and training to improve outcomes and acceptance of changes.
- Follow a methodical, systematic, and cyclical approach, including an initial review of the current processes, design of future state processes in collaboration with stakeholders, training and implementing the new processes, and testing the new processes for quality
- Redesign challenging health care workflows which typically include numerous hand-offs, time limitations, and the need to coordinate among many departments and external entities
- Craft solutions tailored to the specific culture. These inclusive solutions are designed to assure that change is accepted
- Focus on designing and rapidly implementing future state models that are validated by all key constituencies
- Utilize appropriate and specific techniques and tools, including Lean Six Sigma, to remove waste and streamline processes
- Yield results that include reduced cycle times, increased utilization of key resources, improved patient and member satisfaction, and lower costs
- Establish or update critical policies and procedures as a stand alone effort or an adjunct to process redesign projects
- Deconstruct the workflows into detailed operational desk procedures, enabling client teams to successfully train and execute new processes and maintain ongoing tools to use when training new employees
Problems We’ve Solved
Freed Significantly Improves HMO’s IT Business Intelligence Team Performance
Swamped by a doubling of its membership, an HMO’s IT business intelligence (BI) team was struggling to correctly keep up with internal project requests and priorities. Freed Associates stabilized the BI team’s performance by developing an improved service strategy and tools to help the team collaborate more effectively with its internal business clients. Read more about this project »
To learn more about our Business Process Optimization service, please contact us.