In this episode of Healing Healthcare, we discover how one health plan is achieving CalAIM success through partnerships, collaboration and taking risks.
Our Guest: Kelly Bruno-Nelson, Executive Director, MediCal & CalAIM at CalOptima Health
- How respecting, understanding and valuing community non-profits has strengthened relationships
- Key factors in creating a successful street medicine program and providing temporary housing
- How a non-profit healthcare academy can prepare community businesses to become CalAIM partners
- The importance of taking risks, and examples of successes and learnings
- Shortcomings of CalAIM legislation, including expectations and reimbursement models
- Why collaboration versus competition is essential to a healthier California